Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this unique muffins uses pandan and coconut milk w/c makes these muffins unique. Got this from a blog.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 8 muffin cups with paper cups.
- Sift self-raising flour, salt and sugar(i use same amount granulated sugar) into a mixing bowl.
- Dissolve coconut milk powder with water, add corn oil, egg and pandan paste. Beat lightly to combine.
- Pour mixture in one go into the flour mixture. With a spatula quickly and lightly mix together, do not over-mix, batter should still be lumpy.
- Spoon evenly into the prepared muffin cups. It should fill nearly to the top of each cup, as I like my muffins overflowing when baked.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- 2 c SELF RISING FLOUR: 2c all purpose flour,1 T baking powder, 1/2 t salt.
- NOTE: If you don't have pandan paste,make it yourself by using either a blender to blend the leaves up, or use a pestle and mortar to pound the leaves (may need 6-10 leaves depending on the fragrance you want), you may need to add about 1 to 2 tablespoon of the water in the recipe to help in the blending or pounding. Then put the blended leaves with all its juices into a piece of muslin cloth and squeeze as much juice out as you can. Using this method you then add enough water to the juice to make up the amount of water needed in the recipe.
Thank you fawn512 for the lovely recipe! Honestly, I have been searching for a pandan coconut bread recipe and I finally found it! Although it wasn't rated, I decided to give it a try and it was lovely. I made it into a loaf, the texture was just nice and the pandan smelled so good (I used the real leaves btw)! I added toasted grated coconut to the mix for added texture. I'll try it with fresh coconut milk the next time round. Thanks!