- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in 1 inch cubes. In a bowl, mix sauce of cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, hoisin sauce and chicken broth. Heat oil in wok (or fry pan). When oil starts to smoke, add chicken and stir fry for 5 minues Stir in bamboo shoots. Pour sauce over chicken and stir until sauce thickens. Stir in cashews.
- Garnish with mandarin orange sections, cilantro, and/or green onions sliced on the bias.
- You can check the readiness of the oil by putting the tip of a wooden chop stick in the oil and when bubbles form around it, the oil is ready.