Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet,so I'm storing it here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Panda Express Mandarin Chicken Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1. Combine sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan. Combine water with arrowroot in a small bowl and stir until arrowroot is dissolved. Add to saucepan and turn heat to high. Stir often while bringing mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- 2. Preheat your grill on high for the chicken.
- 3. When the grill is hot, rub each chicken piece with oil and cook the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until completely cooked. Chicken should have browned in spots.
- 4. When chicken is done, chop it into bite-size pieces. Pour the chicken pieces into a large frying pan over medium heat. Heat until chicken sizzles then reduce heat and cover chicken until ready to serve. Spoon chicken into a medium bowl, then pour all the sauce over the chicken and stir until well coated.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book entitled "Even More Top Secret Recipes" (Penguin/Putnam 2002)
this is Reallly really Good!!! i have made it several times and i think it tastes alot like panda express mandarin chicken!!! and its such a simple recipe!!!