This is a clear broth soup flavored with vinegar, white pepper, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil. It contains button mushrooms, sliced tofu and diced green onions. Make sure to use white ground pepper and the sesame oil. Black pepper doesn't give the same taste. Those are the "secret ingredients" that give the soup the unique taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth )
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup button mushroom, sliced (fresh or canned)
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 ounces tofu, firm, diced
- 2 green onions, diced (including green tops)
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a 3-quart saucepan.
- 2Add soy sauce, sliced button mushrooms, Chili Garlic Sauce and white pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Combine 3 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of cold water in a cup. Stir until mixture is smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to hot soup and stir well. Simmer for 3 or 4 minutes until soup is thickened.
- 4Beat egg in a cup until yolk and white are combined. Pour beaten egg slowly, in a fine stream, into soup. Stir soup slowly several times. Stop stirring and wait 30 seconds for egg to cook.
- 5Add tofu strips and green onions to soup. Stir well. Remove from heat.
- 6Add distilled white vinegar and sesame oil. Stir a few times and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panda Express Copycat Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 1768.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: