Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Have not tried these..but wanted to get them posted so I will not use the recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
ALMOND CHEESE FROSTING
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350* --
- Combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.in bowl -- beat at low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread into greased 9" pan and bake for 25 minutes.Cool completely --
- Spread cream cheese frosting over bars.chill 15 minutes and then
- Spread warm glaze evenly over cheese frosting and chill another hour before slicing.
- to prepare ALMOND CHEESE FROSTING:.
- Combine all ingredients and beat till smooth --
- to prepare GLAZE:.
- in small pan, melt 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate with 2 tbls butter, stir till smooth.