Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Makes this dish for my niece’s 9th birthday party.
- 1 side pork, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken legs with thigh, bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, and onion mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 links Chinese sausage, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 napa cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1 cup dried black fungus, presoak and shredded
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup scallion, diced
- 4 (1 lb) bags pancit noodles
- 1 quart chicken broth
- Kikkoman soy sauce
- fish sauce, Viet Huong three crabs brand
- In a wok add in the piece of side pork and cover with water and 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a rolling boil and cover with wok cover and turn off the heat. Let this stand for an hour and pour out the water and plate the cooked side pork. After a hour or until the pork come to room temperature slice off about a lb and save the other pieces for a another dish.
- In a wok add 4 tablespoon of oil and when the oil start to smoke add in the shrimps and stir fry until pink and pour the cook shrimps into a warm dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine shrimp, cornstarch, salt, white pepper and oil and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl combine chicken meat, salt, garlic and onion mix, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch and oil and mix well and cover with a sheet of plastic and into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the sausages on to a plate and set aside.
- In wok saute in oil the garlic and onions. Then add chicken, pork and sausages until cooked.
- Add peas, cabbage, black fungus, celery and diced carrot and combine the mixture add in the pansit noodles and the chicken broth until noodles is soft. Add the shrimps, scallions, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve about 25 persons.