1/3 Photos of Pancit Bihon
1 hr 30 mins
Not a traditional Chamorro dish, but it's always seen on fiesta tables or at barbeques. This is one of my favorites!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages rice sticks
- 3 -4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 -6 large carrots, julienned
- 3 large celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut in chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth, more if needed
- 1/3-1/2 cup soy sauce, depending on taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 lemons, fresh, wedged
- 1Sautee half of the onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil over med-high heat until onions are semi-cooked. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, put rice noodles into a large bowl of very warm water and let soak until limp, you may want to cut noodles in half with kitchen shears after soaking.
- 3Saute the rest of the onions, celery, and carrots in 1 tablespoons oil for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, cabbage, soy sauce, and accent to the vegetable mixture. Add the chicken back in and add drained noodles. Stir mixture and cover pot and allow to cook for 10-15 min., stirring occasionally and checking liquid. You may add more broth if liquid boils out before the vegetables are tender.
- 4Season with black pepper and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side. This dish is very good with fresh lemon squeezed over it!
- 5This can also be made with just vegetables, for a vegetarian version, or with shrimp, pork, beef, or a mixture of all.
Nutritional Facts for Pancit Bihon
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 635.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: