Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup shrimp, boiled, cleaned and sliced (optional)
- 1 cup pork, boiled, chopped or 1 cup roast
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped into strips
- 2 carrots, slivered
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package pancit noodles
- lemon wedge
- Using a large skillet, lightly sauté in a small amount of oil, the onions and garlic.
- Add the pork and shrimp.
- Add cabbage, carrots, soy sauce and 1 cup water.
- Turn heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir and simmer until carrots are cooked.
- Place noodles on top of mixture and spoon vegetables and broth over the noodles.
- You might have to add a little more water if the noodles have not wilted.
- Cover and allow to steam for about 2 minutes.
- Turn out on a platter and garnish with lemon wedges.
- The recipe can be varied with chicken leftovers,
- bean sprouts or green onions.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over Pancit before eating.
just made it! and let me tell youuu!
Great recipe, I substitute chicken for the pork and had celery left over and chopped it up and threw it in as well. Its good. This is also known as Pancit Bihon.