Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are similar to Nachos but with a little Twist. They are great for get togethers.
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 slices individually wrapped American cheese, cut in quarters
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pickled jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Cut corn tortillas in triangles (as you would cut a pie), fry tortilla chips in cooking oil until crispy.
- Remove from oil and set on paper towels to drain. Lay out tortilla chips on a cookie sheet.
- Heat refried beans in skillet for about 6-8 minutes, stirring so they do not stick to skillet.
- Remove skin and seed from Avacado and mash well, adding salt to taste.
- Then take 1 cheese quarter, and place on each tortilla chip. Place cookie sheet in 350 degree oven about 1-2 minutes until cheese has slightly melted but not completely.
- Remove chips from cookie sheet and place on a platter.
- Then take 1/2 teaspoon of refried beans and 1/2 teaspoon of mashed avacado, top each one with 1 slice of jalapeno.