Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A tangy sauce that goes well with ground sirloin, cold shrimp or crab. The original recipe was developed by Chef "Pancho" at the London Chop House in Detroit. Makes 1 1/2 quarts and can be stored in refrigerator for months.
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 3⁄4 cups chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 6 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Combine ketchup and chili sauce in sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes until reduced in volume, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingedients, except mayo and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Remove mixture from heat and pour into jars. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- This sauce can be stored for several months in the refrigerator.
That is one zingy sauce! Very nice on burgers. Next time I might reduce the amount of dry mustard as I thought it added a somewhat sharp and harsh flavor. Thanks for sharing.