Using the spices (that would make Pancetta) on the ham give it a fairly authentic flavor. This gives this Carbonara a little zing. When I first looked at the ingredients, I thought, "Really?", but it is Deeeelicious! Caveat - this might be a twice a year thing, as I'm pretty sure the cholesterol levels are going to pushing the limit in this dish. Just don't have ice cream for dessert, OK?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place linguini in boiling, salted water & boil until al dente.
- 2In a bowl, combine eggs, half & half, & parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- 3Heat 2 T olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat & add onion. Saute until golden & translucent. Remove to a large bowl & cover to keep warm.
- 4Heat 2 T olive oil in the same frying pan, add ham & toss until browned. Add spices & toss for 1 or 2 minutes, more.
- 5Add onions back to the pan.
- 6Over low heat, slowly add the egg, half & half, cheese mixture, stirring. Cook & gently stir until heated through, taking care not to scramble the eggs.
- 7Pour all into large bowl onions were in, sprinkle with chopped parsley, & serve with a crunchy salad & crispy bread.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pancetta Spiced Ham Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 966.6
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 208.9 mg
- Sodium 1537.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 47.3 g