Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This meaty and savory dish is a great snack or appetizer!
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup pancetta, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil (for frying)
- mix the potatoes, flour, cheese, and pancetta.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste and divide the mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Using flour to prevent sticking make small flat disks to be 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Shallow-fry the croquettes, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-towel. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
Interesting concept. wasn't too bad.
Nice twist! very good