Top Review by Annacia
I made these this afternoon and when DS arrived and sampled them he promptly said that he was taking them home, and he did! He said that he liked the biscuits and he liked the butter but felt that but that he would like the butter more on toast than on these biscuits. Very simple to make and they look very nice when baked.
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) boxstore bought biscuit mix
- buttermilk (in place of the liquid in the boxed biscuit mix recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fontina
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the biscuits: In a sauté pan, heat the pancetta over medium-high heat and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, make the biscuits according to the box instructions, using buttermilk instead of the suggested liquid. Gently stir in the pancetta and the cheese.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon the biscuit mixture onto the baking sheet and bake according to box instructions. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the Cinnamon-sugar Butter: Cut open the vanilla bean lengthwise. Using the back of a knife, scrape along the inside of the vanilla bean to collect the seeds. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Stir in the butter until well blended. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve the biscuits on a platter with the Cinnamon-sugar Butter alongside.