Recipe by Boomette
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Show: Everyday Italian Episode: Care Packages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, thick-cut, cut into 1/4-inch-thick cubes
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 decorative jar (6 to 8-ounce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and pour into the decorative jar.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Put the lid on tightly and shake to combine.
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil, replace the lid again, and shake to combine.
- When ready to use, shake well to combine.
- Cook's Notes: Can be sent as a gift with label and with name of recipe and date made and what to use it for dipping with bread (crostini), for steamed veggies, salad dressing, tossed with cooked pasta, steamed artichoke dip.