Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Everyday Italian Recipe - This is GREAT.. Yummy Yummy
- 1⁄2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 10 ounces sliced pancetta, about 10 slices
- 3 cups arugula, about 3 ounces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 -6 Italian rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay out the pancetta, overlapping the slices, into a large rectangle shape. In the middle of the rectangle, place the turkey mixture, shaping into a loaf. Using the parchment paper, wrap the pancetta up and around the turkey loaf to cover completely. Squeeze the parchment-covered loaf with your hands to secure the pancetta and solidify the shape of the loaf. While still covered in parchment, bake the loaf until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a blender, combine the arugula and the mayonnaise and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make the sandwiches, slice the rolls and spread with the arugula mayonnaise. Slice the turkey meatloaf and place on the rolls to make sandwiches.