Recipe by JanuaryBride
This recipe came from Trader Joes and it is wonderful! Crunchy, sweet, tart and salty. Perfection.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. The only pancetta available to me in Maine was sliced too thin to believe so it didn't render properly & crisp up. I think this is essential - the recipe says to 'warm through' - I think crispy is much better. The dressing was so sweet - even with tart cherries. I added a good dose of vinegar for balance. My greens wilted immediately in the warm dressing & were too soft/soggy. This would be great with radicchio & other strong, firm greens like curly endive. With a few adjustments, this could become a favorite because i ADORE the ingredients! Made for Aussie Swap 7/08.
- 2 ounces pancetta (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 4 -6 cups mixed greens (1 bag)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries (I prefer the tart ones)
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 3⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute pancetta and shallots in 1 tbsp olive oil for approx 3-4 minutes until shallots are transparent and pancetta is warmed.
- Add cherries and port, bringing to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and whisk in remaining olive oil.
- Toss lettuce with the warm dressing and crumble goat cheese on top of each serving.
- Optional: Sprinkle with a few pecans.