Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Turkish Beetroot salad from "Turkish Cooking" Drained yoghurt is basically yoghurt put into a muslin cloth and let to drip away some of the liquid (or whey) giving a thicker yoghurt. Hang the yoghurt for about 4 hours.
- 3 beetroots
- 500 ml yoghurt, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon mint, fresh & chopped
- Wash the beetroots and cook by boiling. Cool.
- When cool peel the beetroots and cut into small cubes.
- Hold aside 1/4 cup beetroots for garnish.
- Mix beetroots with all the other ingredients. Cover and refrigerate to chill.
- Garnish with diced beetroots and mint sprigs.
this is refreshing and i used canned beets for this guys .here in the states they even comein little cubes lol easy no cooking tastes great made fro an unrulie by an unruly zaar tag 6