Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on the passionate cook website. This looks absolutely delectable. I can see trying a bunch of different fruit combinations though. Yummy!
- Heat the pear juice, blueberries and sugar in a pot and simmer for 10 minutes, until the blueberries are soft and have given off some colour. Whizz in a blender and keep warm.
- For the pancakes, combine the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl and work with a fork to remover any lumps. Beat the egg whites with the milk and slowly incorporate the flour mix. Make sure you achieve a smooth batter.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan (10 cm diameter) and ladle in some batter - depending on how thick you like your pancakes. (For this recipe and the yield of 10 pancakes, I made them to American-style thickness). Sprinkle some pear over.
- Leave to cook over medium heat until little crates appear all over the pancake - a sign that the baking powder is making the batter rise and the bottom should be cooked enough for you to flip the pancake over.
- Carefully turn the pancake and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve, still warm,.