Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pancakes are very moist and fluffy....just the way I like them. This recipe came from a little trial and error. I tried a bunch of recipes and used a little of each in order to come up with this. This recipe can use any type of butter, but I prefer to use Smart Balance butter.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs (separate the yolks from the whites)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- extra butter (for cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat a griddle pan to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine milk, egg yolks, and 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- Add the milk mixture into the flour mixture.
- Whisk it until the mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff (as if it was a meringue).
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the pancake mixture.
- Melt a little butter on the griddle prior to putting the mixture on it.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of the mixture onto the griddle.
- When bubbles form, flip the pancake (make sure to melt butter on the area first).
- While pancakes are cooking, mix together 1/4 cup butter, the maple syrup, and honey.
- Butter each pancake with maple butter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.