Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great recipe from a Williams-Sonoma catalog.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In bowl, using electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed until frothy. Add flours, 3 TB sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Stir just until smooth.
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with oil or butter. Dispense batter onto griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top, 1-2 minutes. Flip pancakes; cook until golden-brown on other side, 2-3 minutes. Keep pancakes warm.
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together blueberries, 1/4 cup plus 1 TB sugar, zest, and 1/2 cup water; bring to a simmer. In small bowl, combine cornstarch, 1 TB water, and lemon juice. Add to berries; stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve warm over pancakes.