1/2 Photos of Pancakes With Ground Flax / Flax Seed
Puffy, fluffy, crispy! This is very loosely based off a "Reader's Quick Recipe" from May 2007's Bon Appetit magazine. I have also made this with 1 1/2 c. flour, 1/4 c. flax, 3 t. baking powder, & 1% milk. Slightly healthier; not as much raving from DH ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk first six ingredient in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl, then whisk in the butter.
- 3Stir milk mixture into the dry mixture.
- 4Add a generous amount of oil or butter to a large nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- 5Drop a 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake.
- 6Cook until brown, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- 7Serve with syrup and butter -- enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pancakes With Ground Flax / Flax Seed
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.1 mg
- Sodium 198.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g