Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Whole wheat pancakes made from freshly ground flour--incredible! You won't believe the difference fresh ground flour makes. Doesn't taste at all like whole wheat.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (made from 1.6 cups soft white wheat berries)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Grind wheat berries to fine flour. I use a Vitamix blender for 1 minute on high.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix all wet ingredients seperately.
- Combine wet and dry with a fork or whisk just till moistened. Do not over mix. Let it sit 5-10 minutes if possible.
- Cook on 300 degree griddle til lightly browned on each side.