The Amish know how to make a delicious pancake. This is probably the lightest, fluffiest pancake I've ever eaten, and it didn't require beating the egg whites. The recipe really does call for a tablespoon of vanilla (I thought it was a typo too). These are so simple there's no excuse to use pancake mix again. You can make them with or without the whipped cream and strawberries. Recipe from The Amish Cook at Home. Serving size is estimated because it wasn't listed.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, oil, vanilla, and egg together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Put a little oil on a griddle or large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Drop the batter by tablespoons onto the griddle or in the pan to form several small pancakes.
- Cook until golden on each side (2 to 3 minutes).
- Transfer the pancakes to plates.
- Top the pancakes with a few strawberries and some whipped cream.