1/4 Photos of Pancakes With Blood Orange Honey Sauce
Chef floWer's Note:
Pancakes with Blood Orange Honey Sauce Garnished with Strawberries. Could be served for breakfast or desert. Makes up to 12 pancakes which are 1/4 cups in size each or 4 very large pancakes. Created for RSC #11.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
BLOOD ORANGE HONEY SAUCE
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice, strained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, quarter
- 1Blood Orange Honey Sauce: In small saucepan, add honey, blood orange juice and cornflour, whisk well until sauce ingredients are blended.
- 2Put saucepan over a medium heat and bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally and cook until sauce starts to boil, then remove from heat.
- 3Whisk in butter until completely dissolved into the sauce. Set aside and allow cooling until pancakes are ready.
- 4Pancake: In a large bowl, add sifted flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, mix well and make a small well in the centre of the bowl with the dried ingredients.
- 5Add the egg in centre of the well, then add melted butter, slowly add milk and mix until smooth. (You may not need to add the entire 1 1/2 cups of milk, consistence of mixture needs to be smooth).
- 6Using the cooking spray, lightly oil pancake pan or non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- 7Once pan is hot, pour approximately 1/4 cup of pancake mixture onto the pan. Brown on one side of pancake then flip, brown other side of pancake, place cooked pancake onto a warm plate. Repeat this step until all the pancake mixture has completed. Note: Only flip once as pancake will become tough and not light.
- 8To assemble: Equally divided pancakes on four plates. Equally pour blood orange honey sauce on top of the pancakes and then add strawberries on top of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pancakes With Blood Orange Honey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 775.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g