Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this easy recipe off my mum and added the sliced bananas as a tasty surprise. I serve mine stacked w maple syrup, dollop of whipped cream, handful of fresh berries and another quick squirt of maple syrup.. just to be naughty (Bananas are an optional extra) --Enjoy..
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- 2 bananas (sliced diagonally to fit inside pancake)
- Combine all ingredients (except bananas) w a wooden spoon in a large bowl.
- Mix w electric mixer on medium speed fr 2 min (scraping down sides halfway through w wooden spoon).
- Let sit for 20 min (batter will thicken).
- Heat a large pan on medium/low heat WITHOUT butter.
- Pour batter onto pan (I usually fit about 3 in one large pan).
- If adding bananas, gently place 3 slices onto one pancake now.
- Once bubbles appear evenly flip (other side only takes about 30-40 secs).
- Serve w your own choice of toppings.