This is my favorite breakfast recipe. I make this is huge batches & freeze them. I place in the microwave for 30 sec. & they taste like they just came off of the griddle. These work perfect for the morning before school- I don't have to make a big production & make breakfast & the kids don't have to eat just cereal before school. I make one batch plain, another with either fresh blueberries or chocolate chips! If you don't want to make a huge batch, just cut the recipe in half. Enjoy!
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy.
- Add milk & melted butter.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture & mix well. (If needed, add milk to get a thinner consistency).
- Heat griddle to high (or 400 degrees). Grease griddle with butter.
- Pour a small amount of batter (about 1/4 cup- I use a measuring cup to pour pancake batter) & spread with bottom of measuring cup to a good size.
- When bubbles appear on top of pancake, flip pancake & cook on other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with pat of butter & syrup, and enjoy!
- (Side note- I set my oven to warm & on a cookie sheet I will place a kitchen towel, folded in half on top. When the pancakes are done cooking, I place inside of the kitchen towel in the oven until ready to serve. Also, if you are freezing, wait until pancakes cool & then place in a freezer bag & place in freezer. When you are ready to heat up place a wet paper towel over the pancakes in the microwave & cook for 30 sec to 1 minute in the oven.).