Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes are from the Dairy Free Cookbook, by Jane Zukin. My 1 year old Grandson is allergic to milk and it is very hard to find recipes for him. He loves these pancakes!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Combine egg, orange juice, water and oil.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients, stirring just until moist.
- Let mixture rest for 30 seconds.
- Spoon or pour batter onto greased, hot griddle. Cook pancakes on the first side until bubbles appear on upper surface. Turn over and cook until bottom is golden.
These pancakes taste great. The orange juice gives the pancakes a unique flavor. Thanks for the great recipe Sassy75.