Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My own pancake recipe. My grandsons always ask for these. I have been making them in a "farm animal" pancake pan.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk (not quite)
- vegetable oil
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs and oil together in a 2 cup measuring cup. Add the milk, until it reaches the 2 cup level.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until it is just mixed, there will be some lumps.
- * Do not over stir, you will have tough pancakes if you do!
- Preheat a frying pan for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Lightly oil the frying pan on medium to medium high heat. This may be trial and error, depending on your own stove. Ladle the batter onto the hot pan, turn over when most of the air bubbles have popped, or the bottom of the pancake is nicely browned. Brown the other side until the pancakes are cooked through.
- Variations: add in some blueberries, chocolate chips or raisins before cooking, or just sprinkle some over the pancakes before you turn them over.
Not sure what this recipe made, but it most certainly was NOT a pancake. The batter was watered down, and it made an oily crepe-like concoction. Did not taste good, either.
These were the worst tasting pancakes ever! Its hard for me to describe the taste it was unexpectantly bland. not enough sugar too much oil. this was too nasty to give to my family so we just ate cereal cause i wasn't going to have them eat them after i tasted one.
I don't know if it was just me (I consider myself a pretty good cook), but these came out very spongy/rubbery in texture and kind of bland. I like my pancakes fluffy, so I probably won't make these again.