Recipe by Hag chef
My own pancake recipe. My grandsons always ask for these. I have been making them in a "farm animal" pancake pan.
Top Review by KarenS1065
I am not even the slightest bit sure how people are saying these are oily. There is only 2 tablespoons oil in there. Most recipes ask for more. Maybe they read incorrectly? It is interesting how the last reviewer thought the recipe was too watery, and another had to thin in out some. Anyway this is a great basic recipe. I too like them a little sweeter so just add a little more sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk (not quite)
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs and oil together in a 2 cup measuring cup. Add the milk, until it reaches the 2 cup level.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until it is just mixed, there will be some lumps.
- * Do not over stir, you will have tough pancakes if you do!
- Preheat a frying pan for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Lightly oil the frying pan on medium to medium high heat. This may be trial and error, depending on your own stove. Ladle the batter onto the hot pan, turn over when most of the air bubbles have popped, or the bottom of the pancake is nicely browned. Brown the other side until the pancakes are cooked through.
- Variations: add in some blueberries, chocolate chips or raisins before cooking, or just sprinkle some over the pancakes before you turn them over.