Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very nummy!!!! (from French Cooking by Eileen Reece)
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 2 ounces butter
- black pepper
- grated nutmeg
- 1 ounce flour
- 1⁄2 pint hot milk
- 4 ounces grated gruyere cheese
- Wash and trim mushrooms, but do not peel.
- Chop the stalks and slice the caps, cook the stalks slowly for 10 minutes in a covered pan, in 1 oz of butter, add the caps, add the seasoning and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Cook for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Melt the remaining 1 oz of butter, work in the flour, add milk and cook until thick, stirring briskly. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and beat in two-thirds of the cheese.
- Correct the seasoning, put a tablespoon of filling centrally on each pancake, roll up and place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheese, reheat and brown under a hot grill.
this was very nummy- i added some leftover chopped shrimp to half of them, great as an appy for a large family:)