Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very nummy!!!! (from French Cooking by Eileen Reece)
Make and share this Pancakes (Crepes) Filled With Mushrooms (Filling Only) recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and trim mushrooms, but do not peel.
- Chop the stalks and slice the caps, cook the stalks slowly for 10 minutes in a covered pan, in 1 oz of butter, add the caps, add the seasoning and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Cook for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Melt the remaining 1 oz of butter, work in the flour, add milk and cook until thick, stirring briskly. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and beat in two-thirds of the cheese.
- Correct the seasoning, put a tablespoon of filling centrally on each pancake, roll up and place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheese, reheat and brown under a hot grill.
this was very nummy- i added some leftover chopped shrimp to half of them, great as an appy for a large family:)