Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful for breaky or for a crepe party. From french cooking by Eileen Reece.
- 4 ounces lean ham, thickly cut
- 2 ounces shelled walnuts
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce flour
- 1⁄2 pint hot milk
- 4 ounces grated gruyere cheese
- black pepper
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- Cut ham into very small dice and chop the nuts coarsely, Melt the butter, work in the flour, add milk and cook until thick, stirring briskly, Add the ham and nuts and remove the pan immediately from the heat.
- Beat in two thirds of the cheese, add the seasoning and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Correct the seasoning, put a table spoon of filling centrally on each pancake and roll up and place in a buttered oven proof dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheese, reheat and brown under a hot grill.