Recipe by Suzanne S.
These fluffy pancakes beat out the mixes in my cupboard every time! And the funny thing is, it really isn't that much more trouble to make them!
Top Review by maryleskie
Very good. Big hit with the family. I doubled the recipe and decreased the baking powder to 3 tsp rather than 4. Also I recommend adding the melted butter to the batter, rather than the milk and eggs...for a smoother result.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Preheat electric skillet to 380º.
- Add butter and milk to eggs.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Stir just to dampen (not too much).
- Adjust milk so it’s thin enough to pour.
- Carefully butter skillet and pour pancakes to your desired size. When you begin to see bubbles forming on top of your batter, it is time to flip. Cook on second side until nicely browned.