These fluffy pancakes beat out the mixes in my cupboard every time! And the funny thing is, it really isn't that much more trouble to make them!
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Preheat electric skillet to 380º.
- Add butter and milk to eggs.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Stir just to dampen (not too much).
- Adjust milk so it’s thin enough to pour.
- Carefully butter skillet and pour pancakes to your desired size. When you begin to see bubbles forming on top of your batter, it is time to flip. Cook on second side until nicely browned.
Very good. Big hit with the family. I doubled the recipe and decreased the baking powder to 3 tsp rather than 4. Also I recommend adding the melted butter to the batter, rather than the milk and eggs...for a smoother result.
Well, Barenaked Chef (ha ha ha, sorry, name caught me off guard.) isn't kidding when they siad this beats out the pancake mixes! This really is just as easy to make as a box mix, only they come out fluffy and not greasy and they do well overnight in the fridge! The only change I made was that I used plain soy milk for my lactose hubby. Last Sunday my husband said he wanted pancakes for breakfast and we didn't have a mix for it so I thought I'd check the site and saw all of the ratings for this one. By far this is the best home made pancake recipe we have tried hands down.....and the soy milk didn't make them taste weird and they were still fluffy. :-) Thank you!!!!!
I halved the recipe and added a bit less salt than it called for, but otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly and they cake out great! Because of the small amount of sugar in the recipe, they do not even need syrup and they are moist without any added butter. Great recipe.