Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These thin pancakes have been a favorite in our house for many years.
- Combine flour, egg, milk and salt (if using) in large measuring cup or bowl.
- To save on dishes I use the same measuring cup that I use to measure the milk.
- Let mixture sit for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat skillet over med high heat and Melt 1 TB butter or margarine.
- Pour in 2-3 TB of pancake mixture in hot skillet for each pancake (pancakes should be small and thin).
- Cook until small bubbles form, turn and cook other side.
- These cook very quickly.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
These are really nice pancakes. I cooked them in two small frying pans, one to a pan, simultaneously and they do cook fast, as the recipe states. I rotated the pans a bit to swirl the batter, which made them thinner (and that's the way we like our pancakes). They were great with butter and syrup and I think I'll serve a fruit sauce (raspberry?)with them next time. Thanks Ellie! Great recipe!
these had a nice flavour to them but i think i'll try to swirl them around to make them thinner next time.
Made as directed. Very simple and easy to make. Had a hard time waiting the 30 minutes. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"