Recipe by cuisinebymae
A simple old fashioned pancake recipe. Good with syrup.
Top Review by Epi Curious
These pancakes ROCK! I doubled the recipe for 5 people and there wasn't a bite left. These are just so fluffy and every pancake was perfect. I added a bit of vanilla but otherwise followed the recipe to the letter and it is fantastic. Throw out the mixes, folks...these take just a few minutes to make and simply can't be beat. Love the use of real butter instead of margarine, too (margarine scares me!!!). Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg.
- Stir in butter and milk.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Lightly grease a griddle.
- Heat griddle and drop about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
- Spread lightly with a spoon.
- When bubbles begin to appear around outside edge and break, turn with a spatula and cook on other side.
- (I also lift edge a little with the spatula and peek under it to see how it's doing.) You will need to adjust your heat so they do not cook too fast and burn.
- For me, the temperature usually ends up somewhere between medium and medium-high.