Recipe by I'mPat
From little ideas diabetes cookbook.
Top Review by diner524
Wonderful, healthier pancake for me!!! I made this but scaled back for 1/2 of the amounts. I agree with another reviewer, they do burn easier, I think because of the added sugar. They rose so nicely and I couldn't believe it was with no added fat!!! Next time, and there will be many, I will omit the sugar completely, as I serve mine with fresh sliced strawberries or maple syrup, so that sweetens them plenty. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Holiday Tag Game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour (stone-ground wholemeal240g/7 2/3oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or low calorie sweetener suitable for baking)
- 2 eggs
- 140 g puree (unsweetened apple 4 1/2oz)
- 1 cup low-fat milk (250ml/8fl oz)
- cooking spray (olive oil spray specified)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar or sweetener and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the eggs, apple puree and milk and pour into the well and whisk until smooth.
- Lightly spray a fry pan with olive oil spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup (60ml/2fl oz) of the batter into the pan and cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface and then turn and cook the other side,.
- Keep warm while you cook the remaining batter.