Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I developed this pancake recipe when we were short of syrup... it has its own distinct sweetness that is great with or without syrup... I love it with some whip cream and strawberries. It is my most requested recipe. It's great because I constantly have slumber parties so I mix up the dry ingredients ahead of time... add the eggs and milk and voila... done quick! I like to weigh my ingredients...so put both measurements. Enjoy!
- SIFT/STIR dry ingredients together COMPLETELY. (makes a difference).
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Combine the two and mix well.
- Cook on a hot griddle then flip when bubbles form.
- This recipe produces nice, thick, fluffy pancakes.
- Can be doubled, tripled etc.
- **Make sure the baking powder is completely blended to avoid a "chemical" taste. Thx!
- Note* (I have been known to substitute eggnog for the milk -- add vanilla, butter, or almond extract -- or add cinnamon, nutmeg, and or or pumpkin pie spice to make it fun).
- ** Make sure your baking powder has been sifted or is not clumpy as this will affect the outcome.
Seemed a bit chemically tasting to me, probably from the high amount of baking powder. It is an okay recipe and definitely makes very fluffy, tall pancakes - but won't be using it again.
Great pancakes. I used also Splenda but only 1/2 cup. I added a little bit more milk. They are very thick which I like. Thanks Pink Box :) Made for Cookbook tag game
These are the best pancakes I have ever made! I used splenda instead of sugar as my boyfriend is a diabetic and they turned out perfect and he loved them....Thank You for a great easy recipe I will only use this one from now on...