Recipe by AmyZoe
These are delicious! You can make them as listed--buttermilk pancakes or if you don't have buttermilk just decrease the milk to 1 3/4 cups, increase the baking powder to 4 teaspoons, and omit the baking soda. Or, throw a splash of vinegar in the milk as a substitute for buttermilk. Recipe from The Pillsbury Cookbook.
Top Review by Boomette
These pancakes are the best. Nothing to change here. Great flavors and texture. They were great with strawberry sauce and fresh whipped cream. Thanks AmyZoe :) Made for PAC spring 2011
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat griddle to medium high (400 degrees).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in buttermilk and oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir just until large lumps disappear.
- For thicker pancakes, thicken with additional flour.
- For thinner pancakes, thin with additional milk.
- Lightly grease heated griddle.
- A few drops of water sprinkled on griddle sizzle and bounce when heat is just right.
- Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time, onto hot griddle.
- Bake until bubbles form and edges start to dry. Turn and bake other side.