Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my family's favourite breakfasts. My son recently did a project at school where he told his grade one class that his favourite family celebration was Shrove Tuesday because he loves pancakes!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
For the griddle
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat griddle to 250°F.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Whisk together the oil, egg, and milk.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Prep the griddle with butter, then scoop or pour on the pancake batter to desired size. If desired, this is the time to add blueberries.
- Flip the pancakes once they are firm enough to do so - they will have a nice light golden brown colour on the bottom.
These are light and fluffy and went fast when I made them this morning. I did add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to this. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Great recipe. Easy to follow and tasted great. We doubled this recipe with no problems. I added some extra milk to get the batter to the consistency I prefer, but it is very dry in my home due to winter. I don't think this is the fault of the recipe. My kids ate these like no tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
These were great. A wonderful basic pancake recipe that made light fluffy pancakes. I added about 1/4 cup extra flour because we like our pancakes thick. I am looking forward to trying this with all sorts of variations; adding vanilla, cinnamon, choc chips, orange extract or anything else I can think of. A great easy recipe with everything I always have on hand.