Recipe by hollyberry
This is one of my family's favourite breakfasts. My son recently did a project at school where he told his grade one class that his favourite family celebration was Shrove Tuesday because he loves pancakes!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
For the griddle
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat griddle to 250°F.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Whisk together the oil, egg, and milk.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Prep the griddle with butter, then scoop or pour on the pancake batter to desired size. If desired, this is the time to add blueberries.
- Flip the pancakes once they are firm enough to do so - they will have a nice light golden brown colour on the bottom.