Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This takes only minutes to make, it's a great addition to top off your almost finished store-bought syrup to increase the quantity although I must say it's actually good enough to use on it's own just as a syrup, this will thicken in up the fridge --- you will love this!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large saucepan combine the white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer stirring for 3 minutes (watch closley this will run over the pot easily!).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and maple extract; cool to almost room temperature (you can chill for faster cooling) then add to your bottle of store-bought syrup.
- Seal tightly and refrigerate.
- This will last as long as your bottled pancake syrup.
I've been purchasing the expensive syrup, but we've been going through it since I discovered baked french toast. This is a great inexpensive way to have syrup. Did not have any maple extract like I thought, so just added a bit extra vanilla. Tasted wonderful. As always a great recipe from Kittencal.
Really great syrup, economical and sweet! Great for pancakes!
I didnt want to make maple syrup so used butter flavoring so I could omit the butter from the family's pancakes. I served it with Christmas Gingerbread Pancakes.