Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
from an Amish cookbook
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses or 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- maple flavoring (optional)
- Bring sugars, molasses and water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove and add vanilla and optional maple flavouring if using.
Yum! We enjoyed this. Good flavor from the molasses. I used 1t vanilla and about 1/2t maple flavoring. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made this when I ran out of syrup one morning. The kids did not care that I made homemade syrup but I thought the flavor was amazing. I added a tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp of maple flavoring. WOW! Oh, I also used molasses. This replaced my old syrup recipe.
Easy & my crew love this recipe! :)