Recipe by mandagirl
When I make pancakes for my family I can never eat them because they make me feel so "bloated". These are a great alternative.
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup almond milk or 1 cup rice milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir honey and butter or coconut oil into cooked barley.
- Add in milk.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to barley mixture.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon into an 8 section scone pan, sprinkle with a little nutmeg and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve with butter or coconut oil and real maple syrup.