Recipe by Luckiest-lady-around
Beautiful brown, puffy pancakes layers with an egg and sausage mixture; American Cheese and syrup! Absolutely delicious! You could also use different ingredients to personalize your breakfast!
- 8 homemade buttermilk pancakes, on hungry jack will also work just fine
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sausage, any you like (we prefer Johnsonville breakfast links)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Make pancakes according to package instructions or your personal favorite recipes instructions. As you are making these, begin with the other ingredients so that everything is ready at the same time.
- Put sausage in a skillet on medium low heat and crumble but not too finely. Once sausage is cooked leave in pan and keep a tsp of drippings in pan if desired. Lower heat to low.
- In a small sized bowl add eggs and whisk slightly. Add sour cream to eggs and whisk in slightly.
- Add egg mixture to crumbled sausage and cook on low heat. Using a rubber heat-safe spatula start folding eggs onto themselves to scramble them. Resist the urge to increase the heat, most folks make the mistake of cooking their eggs to quickly and too violently and this makes them tough and rubbery. Take eggs off heat when 3/4 of them are set, don't worry they will continue to cook and be completely done and set when you are ready for them.
- Once at least two of your pancakes are done, put both top side down on a plate and put a slice of American Cheese on both pancakes add egg and sausage mixture to one pancake and top with the other one.
- Drizzle syrup over top. Repeat until all of your sandwiches are made. Work quickly though, they taste good at room temp but they are even better when hot! Enjoy!
- This will feed two hungry people or four modest people.