Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a great treat for Sunday brunch! These are easy to make and quite elegant! So many topping ideas come to mind.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- sour cream or assorted jam or cinnamon or flavored yogurt or your favorite syrup (optional)
- Mix the 1/2 cup sugar with the lemon peel, set aside.
- Mix flour, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Beat eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfulls on lightly greased hot griddle.
- Cook on each side until light brown.
- Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Roll up and keep warm.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
unless i've missed something, this recipe is for what i have always known as 'crepes'. this recipe makes a lot of them ;)-- about 20, by my count. having never made crepes, i was suprised at first by how 'runny' the batter seemed, but they turned out perfectly. i left them flat and just stacked them in a 150 degree oven to keep warm. personally, i would have kep the lemon sugar mixture as an optional topping, but they were excellent just the same. thanks for sharing this!