Recipe by MizzNezz
What a great treat for Sunday brunch! These are easy to make and quite elegant! So many topping ideas come to mind.
Top Review by sdowswell
unless i've missed something, this recipe is for what i have always known as 'crepes'. this recipe makes a lot of them ;)-- about 20, by my count. having never made crepes, i was suprised at first by how 'runny' the batter seemed, but they turned out perfectly. i left them flat and just stacked them in a 150 degree oven to keep warm. personally, i would have kep the lemon sugar mixture as an optional topping, but they were excellent just the same. thanks for sharing this!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- sour cream or assorted jam or cinnamon or flavored yogurt or your favorite syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the 1/2 cup sugar with the lemon peel, set aside.
- Mix flour, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Beat eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfulls on lightly greased hot griddle.
- Cook on each side until light brown.
- Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Roll up and keep warm.
- Serve with your favorite topping.