Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a great treat for Sunday brunch! These are easy to make and quite elegant! So many topping ideas come to mind.
- Mix the 1/2 cup sugar with the lemon peel, set aside.
- Mix flour, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Beat eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfulls on lightly greased hot griddle.
- Cook on each side until light brown.
- Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Roll up and keep warm.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
unless i've missed something, this recipe is for what i have always known as 'crepes'. this recipe makes a lot of them ;)-- about 20, by my count. having never made crepes, i was suprised at first by how 'runny' the batter seemed, but they turned out perfectly. i left them flat and just stacked them in a 150 degree oven to keep warm. personally, i would have kep the lemon sugar mixture as an optional topping, but they were excellent just the same. thanks for sharing this!