A recipe that I've had for at least 25 years and continues to be a family favorite. I've guessed at the yield since I've never counted them.
- Heat non-stick griddle or skillet to 375F or until a drop of water skips across the surface.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks with sour cream until well blended. Stir in flour and sugar.
- Fold yolk mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Drop batter onto griddle using a tablespoon - you want silver dollar sized puffs.
- When they have bubbles all over & puff up, turn gently and cook another minute or so to brown the bottom.
- Serve with your favorite syrup or fresh fruit.
Great little pancakes! We really enjoyed the flavor of the sour cream and the hint of sweetness from the sugar. We had 'breakfast for dinner' last night and served these with over easy eggs. Thanks!
OMG SusieQusie, just finished making this for breakfast and followed the directions exactly and they are the PERFECT pancake for me and DH. Not to sweet, light and fluffy, couldn't ask for me. I think if DGS have them I'd add a little more sugar as they'd want the sweetness - but for us perfect. I've been searching for a pancake recipe that would be light, fluffy and easy to make and now I've found it. Had this with hot coffee and maple bacon. Made for Photo Swap and soooo glad I picked this one.
Very very good. I served them with sausage links and a variety of toppings. Everyone asked to have them again!