Pancake Noodles With Chestnut Mushrooms
For the pancake noodles
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 55 ml milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, to grease
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, to garnish
- For the noodles, whisk together the noodle ingredients (except the vegetable oil) in a bowl to make a batter that is the consistency of double cream.
- Heat a small frying pan and grease with oil-soaked kitchen towel.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan, swirling around to cover the base and then tipping out the excess. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side and slide onto a warm plate. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Layer the pancakes neatly on top of each other. Roll them up as a group and cut into 1cm/½in slices then set aside.
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the onion, mushrooms and garlic. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onions are softened.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Place the pancake noodles into a large bowl. Add the sauce and toss with the noodles.
- Serve warm, garnished with whole chives.