Recipe by ThatCaptJim
You want to make biscuits fast, but you discover that you're all out of biscuit mix (or flour...I'm guilty of this one)! Oh no! What can you do? You can grab your off-the-shelf pancake-and-waffle mix off the shelf, and get to work. That's what you can do!
Top Review by SpookyMama_
These biscuits are quick and easy to make. They're super light and fluffy. BUT, they are far to sweet to eat with gravy. They're good with butter, honey, jam, and would probably be GREAT with chocolate gravy, just not with pepper gravy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix together pancake mix and sugar.
- Cut in shortening until mix resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add milk, a little at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out on floured board (or wax paper) and knead about 10 times until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Let dough rest about 5 minutes.
- Roll out to 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick and cut with 2-1/4 inch biscuit cutter.
- Bake 8-12 minutes until done (keep an eye on them, they'll burn fast!).