This recipe uses ingredients we all have on hand, flour,sugar,baking powder,salt,eggs milk and oil,...THAT'S IT! Light and fluffy, the taste is out of this world!
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine eggs, milk and oil, whisk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, just until mixed, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- You can also added spices if you would like, I have used cinnamon and it was wonderful, or try pumpkin or apple pie spice for a real treat!
- The secret to these pancakes is to preheat your pan on a medium to low setting, this allows them to cook slower and rise higher.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter at a time and flip when bubbles appear across top of pancake.
- Cook on other side until golden brown.
- Top with favorite toppings and enjoy!
Thanks for this great recipe! Pancake purists may rebel at this, but I made them savoury by leaving out the sugar and adding a pinch of fresh-ground pepper and a cup of chopped spicy sausages to the batter. With a dollop of taco sauce for topping, they came out pretty awesome! :)
I had a bad hankering for pancakes this morning and came across this recipe. This is the first time I've made it from scratch and I must say, they turned out even better than I expected! I substituted almond milk and coconut oil for what was called for in the recipe, and added a bit of vanilla and pumpkin spice. Wow!
This is a easy and quick recipe. I did a several times. My 3 and 4 years old kids love it. They like to serve with peanut butter and condensed milk.