Recipe by QueenBof6
This recipe uses ingredients we all have on hand, flour,sugar,baking powder,salt,eggs milk and oil,...THAT'S IT! Light and fluffy, the taste is out of this world!
Top Review by masalamiss
Thanks for this great recipe! Pancake purists may rebel at this, but I made them savoury by leaving out the sugar and adding a pinch of fresh-ground pepper and a cup of chopped spicy sausages to the batter. With a dollop of taco sauce for topping, they came out pretty awesome! :)
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine eggs, milk and oil, whisk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, just until mixed, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- You can also added spices if you would like, I have used cinnamon and it was wonderful, or try pumpkin or apple pie spice for a real treat!
- The secret to these pancakes is to preheat your pan on a medium to low setting, this allows them to cook slower and rise higher.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter at a time and flip when bubbles appear across top of pancake.
- Cook on other side until golden brown.
- Top with favorite toppings and enjoy!