Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This curry is one of our favorite dishes! It is better than a lot of curry served in the Thai restaurants in the States, especially if you are into spicy food. They are great as packed lunch too, just heat it up in the microwave!
- Brown beef, remove from heat as soon as it's no longer pink outside.
- Drain the beef.
- Heat curry paste and add ginger, chili, garlic.
- Add 2/3 coconut milk and stir.
- Add all remaining spices and mix in the rest of the coconut milk.
- Add suger and stir well.
- Add beef and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Use the remaining coconut milk in the can to cook with rice or make dessert.
Wish I could rate this one 4.5 stars. I really like that you add ginger, chilies, garlic, and lemongrass on top of the paste. Some people think that using a paste eliminates the need to add these ingredients, but it really does help bring this dish to life.
Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! Looking for something similar to a great restaurant in Hawaii called Phuket Thai. Their Panang is very good and this recipe nailed it, almost. I added fresh sweet basil (2 cups) and 2 Tbsp og skippy chunky PB. Wow!!!
The only changes I did, were add a bit of fish sauce and some thick coconut sauce (like Coco Lopez) that they use for Pina Colada's, and Kaffir lime leaves. Other than that, this is better than a lot of restaurants I've eaten at. Great recipe. Thanks!