Recipe by Poison_Ivy
This curry is one of our favorite dishes! It is better than a lot of curry served in the Thai restaurants in the States, especially if you are into spicy food. They are great as packed lunch too, just heat it up in the microwave!
Top Review by jpknight22
Wish I could rate this one 4.5 stars. I really like that you add ginger, chilies, garlic, and lemongrass on top of the paste. Some people think that using a paste eliminates the need to add these ingredients, but it really does help bring this dish to life.
Thanks for sharing!
- 2 lbs beef (cubed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
- 2 red chilies
- 16 ounces coconut milk (thick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass (finely shredded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces panang curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, remove from heat as soon as it's no longer pink outside.
- Drain the beef.
- Heat curry paste and add ginger, chili, garlic.
- Add 2/3 coconut milk and stir.
- Add all remaining spices and mix in the rest of the coconut milk.
- Add suger and stir well.
- Add beef and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Use the remaining coconut milk in the can to cook with rice or make dessert.