1/2 Photos of Panamanian Beef Empanadas
Jessica K's Note:
I finally found a site with empanadas that sound and taste closest to what I grew up with. No raisins or potatoes here!! Finally!! Posting so i can find again!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Place oil in skillet and brown the beef, then drain the grease.
- 4Add rest of ingredients, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- 5If needed, add a little bit of flour to thicken the consistency of the filling. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6For Crust:.
- 7Roll out on a lightly floured board-1/8th inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter or glass for appetizer sized empanadas. Use a small plate for luncheon size empanadas.
- 8On each round, put about 1/2 teaspoon filling. Fold over and flute edges with fork. Brush tops with beaten egg. Bake at 400 degrees until the crust is golden brown.
- 9You can also deep fry these in a deep fryer or in a deep skillet with enough oil to cover them. that's the way they eat them there, but baking is lower fat! But fried is sooo good! If frying don't brush the tops with egg!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panamanian Beef Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.1
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 225.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g