Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is one of my families favorite desserts. This recipe seems to have a lot of different names, and they are all delicious.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Thanks for your WONDERFUL photo, Lavender Lynn. It inspired me immed. to make it for Valentine's Day! I actually made Recipe #26213 (slightly scaled back ingred. amounts) and didn't see your "Panama Canal" recipe till afterwards. Your photo is my favorite dessert photo on Zaar! This dessert is the BEST and sure to please- I will be sure to include this for my holiday menus, too. Thanks for posting. Roxygirl
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, I use walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 3 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream flour, margarine, and nuts. Press into 9 x 13 pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes @ 350°F Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, cool whip until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on crust.
- Mix together pudding mix and milk.
- Pour onto cream cheese mixture.
- Once pudding is set up, spread cool whip on evenly.
- Refrigerate until serving.